Thank you everyone for the phenomenal response to the ICC Champions Trophy 2013. The coaches and captains have been swarmed with player offers and most teams have now filled up their playing 11.
Due to the above reasons, ICC has intervened and made a minor rule alteration. Please read the amendment as below.
- Each team will now have 15 players each on the roster. If the coach isn’t registered in the team roster, he will not be allowed to play throughout the Cup. Like FPL, there will be 11 playing squad members and 4 on the bench each week.
- The concept of a 12th man is no longer valid.
- The captain has the ultimate power to pick his squad. The Vice-captain, the coach and team members can provide guidance.
- The coach is in-charge of submitting the playing 11 and updating the Cup spreadsheet with the FPL links. He may delegate it to the captain or vice-captain. You may choose to post your squad on the ICC article on FFS for laughs.
- Squad Submission Deadline – Friday 2359 HRS UK time before the GW. Pratik (being the official umpire-cum-scorer-cum-vice-captain) will have the official word on this, in case of any clashes.
If you have any questions, feel free to approach your coaches for more guidance.
Anyways lads guess what – it’s only Day 1. Another 12 days to go in the Scouting Period! The fun has only just began…
PS – Link to the ICC article on FFS – please be reminded to focus all Cup related comments to this post or on this site.