The FFS Council is proud to announce that we will be bringing back the leagues for their third installment. If you want to skip the article, and go the registration form, click here -: League Registration Form or else read on.
For those of you that participated last year, we will be running the leagues pretty much the same way, though the exact details of how European (CL and Europa) qualification will work will be announced at a later point. Please continue reading below for important details about registration and the team allocation process.
For those of you less familiar with the leagues, here is a general idea:
- We will hold 6 leagues – Bundesliga (18 teams + 2 relegated teams have been added), EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, Rest of Europe – in which each participant will compete as a real life team.
- All of the leagues will following a Head to Head format. With the exception of the Bundesliga (because ours has 20 teams not 18 like in real life) and the Rest of Europe League (not a real league) the fixtures will try to mimic the actual fixtures of each league, though this may not always be the case. Please check the fixtures tab under your league for the official fixtures list. If you feel there is a mistake or error in the fixtures, please contact Pratik or another council member.
- The season will last for 19 gameweeks at which point the bottom 3 managers from each league will be “relegated” and replaced with new managers for the new season which will kick off from gw 20.
- A high rank in your league could result in qualification for our prestigious Champions League or Europa League. Similarly a high ranking in the leagues next season, will lead to direct qualification in the limited edition tournament that The Council would host for World Cup 2014. I sense you are excited already!!!
- Click here to read the league rules. Please note that the portion on European Qualification is not correct to pin-point accuracy, but it nevertheless gives you a general idea of how it will work.
Registrations will be open immediately. If you wish to be considered for a spot in the leagues, please fill out the form before the deadline. Filling out the form earlier will give you no advantage in the selection process as all applicants will be considered equally judged on the following criteria.
Criteria for Team Selection:
1) Contribution to past FFS UEFA events and positive participation in past FFS UEFA events
2) popularity/reputation of managers on the forum
3) expected contribution to the atmosphere of the leagues (banter, pressers, league reviews, etc.)
4) highest fpl rank of manager (within last 5 seasons)
Each of these criteria will be judged objectively by the organizing committee and the ultimate decision rests with them. The 6 organizers are allowed entry by default.
July 28: Applications Open
August 9: Applications Close
August 11: Accepted managers announced team allocation begins
August 13 (or earlier if possible): team allocation completed
August 15: Team Swap Deadline
August 17: Round 1 of matches begin
Team Allocation Process:
We will do our best to give each accepted manager a league and/or team of their choice but we cannot make any guarantees as certain leagues and teams can be in very high demand. We apologize if you are not initially happy with your team allocation but we hope that you will embrace your new team and be glad to even be able to participate in the leagues. There will also be a short period where you can swap teams with other accepted managers if you so chose.
Please note that for the Rest of Europe League (ROE) there is an option for ‘Other’ which will allow you to select a team not listed provided they are a European Club team that isn’t in England, Spain, Germany, Italy, or France.
With the leagues beginning soon, we hope the delightful pressers start flying in left, right and center, which always make for a great read. Also, you must have been blind not to notice that the site is undergoing a design revamp as Pratik has some free time on his hands. Of course, WordPress literally makes these things as easy as a click of a button.
With the reintroduction of the leagues, the live scores and tables will be back for each individual league. We’ll not only be moving away to more elegant site with better user experience for the live score sites, but Pratik remains quietly confident that we will be able to make refreshing for live scores a much smoother process.
So what are you waiting for? Let the registration begin!!!
*Please not that past winners of the different leagues, the CL, and Europa will have first preference if they wish to retain their team