Congratulations to the successful managers that have progressed to the knockout rounds of their respective competitions! For the 1st and 2nd place group finishers in the Europa League, as well as the 3rd placed group finishers in the Champions League, the Europa League Round of 32 begins in GW 30. The 1st and 2nd place group finishers in the Champions League have a week off before the Round of 16 kicks off in GW 31. Please pay careful attention to the schedule so you know when you have games.
Also, please note that the rules on the Knockout Phase read as follows:
- Winners of each group will be seeded for the knockout draw, runners-up will be in put into a separate pot
- The home advantage doesn’t exist in this round, as it cancels out due to an aggregate score.
- Teams will play each other over two legs with the highest aggregate score advancing to the next round
- If matches are tied over two legs then the team who has scored higher points in the away fixture wins.
- In the unlikely event of teams still tied, the team with the most goals over the 2 weeks wins (Penalty shootout)
- In the unlikely event of teams still tied, the better ranked team wins.
We will be holding a Live Draw on Thursday March 13 at 9:45 am FFS Time (GMT) on this google spreadsheet. You can check ahead of time to view the seeded and unseeded pots.
Other information about the draw:
- We will begin with the draw for the CL which will be immediately followed by the draw for Europa.
- A club cannot be paired against a team from it’s own group or from the same league
- You may use the “Chat” feature on the top right corner of the window to join in the banter. To chat, start with your FFS name, and then enter your comment.