Congratulations to the successful managers that have progressed to Quarterfinals of their respective competitions!
Also, please note that the rules on the Knockout Phase read as follows:
- At this stage in the tournament, a team can be matched up against any of the other remaining teams
- The home advantage doesn’t exist in this round, as it cancels out due to an aggregate score.
- Teams will play each other over two legs with the highest aggregate score advancing to the next round
- If matches are tied over two legs then the team who has scored higher points in the away fixture wins.
- In the unlikely event of teams still tied, the team with the most goals over the 2 weeks wins (Penalty shootout)
- In the unlikely event of teams still tied, the better ranked team wins.
We will be holding a Live Draw on Thursday April at 10pm FFS Time (GMT) on this google spreadsheet.
As with the previous Live Draw, you may use the “Chat” feature on the top right corner of the window to join in the banter. To chat, start with your FFS name, and then enter your comment.
The participants and groups for this season’s Europa League are now available. A summary of the groups can be found in the Europa League Home Page, which can be accessed through the menus similarly to the Champions League one as well as a quick link on the right hand side of our home page. By clicking the Group title you can access that group’s page, with their current standings as well as the previous and upcoming fixtures.
Finally, the links to everyone’s teams have been added for both competitions to allow you to track your opponent’s progress, if you so wish.
Good luck to everyone involved (except those in Group C obviously 😉 ) and remember the home team carries a 4 point home ground advantage during the group stages.
We know it’s last minute, but we figured that it’s better late than never!
After a long beak, we’re happy to announce that the Champions League and Europa League will be returning again this year, beginning gw 24 and following this schedule and these rules. Groups and fixtures for each competition will be released between now and Saturday.
As a side note, if anyone would like to help with group reviews, other write-ups, or in some other way, please drop us a comment as we could use your help to make these competitions even more fun!